Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dance for DNA + Women in Motion this Saturday!

In case you haven't caught my persistant Facebook postings, ATD is performing a work-in-progress version of the solo (with Valerie Miller) and duet (Sarah Lehman and myself) from "Her Story" this weekend in two locations!

Dance New Amsterdam, my first and only dance home in NYC is having an event to aid in supporting the non-profit and to help keep the doors open. Dance for DNA will showcase pop-up performances all day long by a number of artists that I am personally inspired by including: Alexandra Beller/Dances, Ori Flomin, and Christopher Williams. I had to double check that I read the confirmation correctly when I realized so many amazing and stunning people would be performing in the same event I am... how totally cool.

So, join us at 12:15pm in the upstairs gallery at DNA for a sneak peek of our work, but come and stay ALL DAY for performances in the two galleries, including classes to take all day long. Top off your night by joining in the silent auction, and seeing two performances in the theater of Sunhwa Chung/Ko-Ryo Dance Theater and LateNite followed by a Dance Party complete with a DJ.

What? All of that is going on all on Saturday? Yes!

But I'm not done. If you can pull yourself away from DNA for a few hours, come check out Park Slope at 121 Sterling Place, #2B, Brooklyn NY for the Women in Motion Salon featuring three artsists, including myself. There will be drinks, friends, new friends, and dance. Talk about a good time! Doors open at 4pm, dances start at 4:30pm, conversations, drinks, and fun continue until the wee hours.

Bring a friend, or two, or ten, to both of these events. It's a great chance to have fun, mingle, meet new people, network, smile, drink, dance, and be merry. Who doesn't need more of that in their life? You don't need to be a dancer to enjoy these events and we want YOU there!

So, we'll see you there, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment