Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ATD: IN THE STUDIO - Up Here (Parts I, II)

One of my favorite parts of making work is taking the footage from rehearsal, picking out my most loved moments and spinning them together for a sneak peek into what we're working on in the studio.

Up Here (Parts I, II) is a piece very dear to my heart, as are each of the works are that belong to SPARC. Up Here is the "P" in SPARC. It's about remembering, searching, celebrating those moments you once shared. Finding yourself lost in your memories, basking in the light that once shined on your heart. Feeling that space that was filled as if it were never emptied. Sensing that presence and making a connection - no matter how brief or subtle. Enjoying what was, and moving forward forever changed.

I am eternally grateful for those who have shared their stories with me and have trusted my vision to express their tales.

Here is a short look into what Erin and I have been brewing.



Up Here (Parts I, II) will premiere March 15-16th, at the JSB TEK BOX as a part of TRANSForm Dance Collective's 3rd Annual Concert and Teaching series. An original score is being developed by Sam L. Richards (the track I layered in the video clip is not what we're using).

Check out more info about TRANSForm, our tax-deductible Indiegogo Campaign and where to buy tickets.

Moving with you is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment