Thursday, July 19, 2012

Stories, by you. A call for submissions.

I'm thinking about my first rehearsal tomorrow and how I am going to have the dancer tell a story. I have a chunk of text, but I'll need more to complete the whole project. This is where you come in.

If you could tell your story of loss or grief, what would it be? How would you tell it?

In talking to an old friend who has offered to share his story with me for the use of the project, we've been trying to figure out how best to write it all down. Is it chronological? Is it highly detailed with emotional backstory? Is there imagery?

What's your story?

I'm looking for stories from you about loss. This could mean a lot of things, including losing someone close to you, you dealing with something currently happening to you, or simply something that occurred and makes you sad. Not all stories are highly dramatic, and some are so out of this world, it's nearly unbelievable.

Whatever the tale - I'm asking you to share it with me. So, what do you say?

For the sake of some privacy, please send your stories to alexandrataylordance@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment